Sunday 11 July 2010

MBAs

www.mbaworld.com
www.prospects.ac.uk
The Association of MBA-AMBA
http://www.gomasterdegree.com/webpage/html/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=435
http://www.gomasterdegree.com/webpage/html/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106
http://www.topmba.com/
http://www.gomasterdegree.com/webpage/html/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=2
Some of this year's successful applicants are very kind to share their profile to us krub. Please give them long applauses...

Insead MBA

Background:
Education
* Undergraduate from SIIT major in Electrical Engineering
* Mandarin Course for a year in Beijing

Work
* Worked for small Chinese Animal Feed for a year in Sales and Marketing in Shanghai
* Worked in sugar business for 2 years in Product Development and Future Market in China
* Worked for DPM Korbsak for 1 year in Agricultural Policy

Personal
* Family owns a farm and has been in Agriculture. I have positioned myself as an agriculture expert with international experience as well and public sector, involving in national policy making.

School Decision:
I have been working extensively in agriculture and would like to switch career into finance or consulting but in the end I will have to take over my family business so I focus my choices of school into Finance and Entrepreneurship. I will have to admit that Insead wasn't my first choice but considering the time I will save it makes a lot of sense for me to go.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strengths
1. Strong background in Agriculture
2. International (mostly Eastern) experiences
3. Language skill and cultural understanding

Weaknesses
1. Low GPA
2. Moderate GMAT score

Application tips:
GPA and GMAT
Get the highest score you can. Try to start early because GMAT can be kept for 5 years.

Application
Try to show your strength rather than cover your weaknesses.

For me, I have shown my strengths in most of the essays. For example, I have shown how I led a team despite I was the only non-Chinese while I was working in China. This shows my leadership skill for leading the team, my coordinating and people skill for organizing the team, and my language and cultural skills for organizing a team with people from different background and languages.

Gomasterdegree is working on gathering data to see how Thais succeed in going to B-Schools around the world...Roughly, here is what we heard...Please feel free to let us know if you have more accurate data na krub.
Wharton S: 8
Harvard Business School: 4
Stanford GSB: `
London Business School: 4-5
Insead:3
MIT Sloan: 4-5
Kellogg: 6

Kellogg(1 year): 2

No comments:

Post a Comment